Saturday 21 May 2011

TYPE AND GRID

We had a session with Lorenzo in which we were set the task to pick an article from a high and low end magazine, which were similar in content to one another. We had to then produce thumb nails, re creating the chosen article. 

I chose articles relating to the recent royal wedding, one from a high end 'Grazia' magazine, the other from a low end 'Yours' magazine. Each presented information about the wedding, focusing on the fashion, referencing designers names, also mentioning other family members and telling us who everyone is.

Working to a grid structure I created the below designs.








In total I completed just 8 designs (due to an illness) Half conventional designs, half quite abstract. I felt my abstract designs stronger, I like to work with my creativity, not against it.

I did find it was a very lengthy process drawing each of my designs but overall quite pleasing when you had finished one. I would have liked to have pushed this further, perhaps re creating these within InDesign.

No comments:

Post a Comment