Sunday 22 May 2011

INDESIGN- Mocking up some more designs

I began to explore with a different layout, making it a lot simpler than my initial approach to the magazine spread. I wanted to keep in monochrome, and images very simple.
















The layout before I like the best, on the right page I don't feel it needs any work, but the placement of the title is an issue at this point, I don't feel the overlapping approach is working as well as I had hope. So I began to explore with different ways to place the title.



Certainly my favourite design



The design below works the best, but using the serif font seems to feminine for Matt.



A better and more suiting design I feel





After creating all of these layouts I feel I have gained a real knack and understanding about what works and what doesn't, and most importantly, which reflects Matt the best. 
I have also found a style which I like and am able to work best with, initially I did think I was better at abstract layouts, but according to these designs I seem to like quite simple layouts, with a lot of negative space and a monochromatic colour palette. 



No comments:

Post a Comment