Monday 23 May 2011

SPEAKING FROM EXPERIENCE - Poster development

I wanted to really focus on my poster designs to try and develop them further. I wanted to still stick to my square format, but feeling this wasn't part of a poster convention, the put this square format onto another, more appropriate one. I stuck to my monochrome colour palette feeling it befitted my complex images, making them understandable. One problem mentioned in the crit to me was legibility, for some it was hard to notice and read words within the images, so i decided to outline what was said, by producing a small sentence of it, placing it below the image in it's own space, thus making it easier to read. 

I wanted there to be continuity within my design layouts, but also a variety. So sticky to using just black and white rectangles, I mixed and matched them around the designs. Here are the designs I came up with and developed. 































No comments:

Post a Comment