Monday 2 May 2011

SPEAKING FROM EXPERIENCE - Which approach to take?

Since day one I feel I have had two strong idea's, but I haven't been able to make a solid decision on which one I wanted to take forward to the design stage. Reflecting on research gathered and whats available to me I feel the better choice would be the concept of:


 'Why make the transition from luxury brands to basics?' 

After posting in an online forum I found it was a problem for many, being able to make the transition, as there used to the items bought for them at home, where I imagine finances are not that of a students!


There is a lot more use for a product based on this concept, and I feel it's not one which has been approached before. I decided not to go with my other idea, the concept of:


 'Whats the quickest route from hall to university', 

as I didn't feel my idea's were very straight forward, and efficient in time management - it would have been more suited for a group project.


I have always wanted to create a stop motion so I intend on doing so for this brief! But I don't feel I can step away from my love of all this hand rendered, so i'll be creating collage and hand crafting within it, as a way of keeping me motivated. By producing a stop motion, it add more range to what I can do, and by learning how to do so, will be useful in further briefs.

No comments:

Post a Comment