Monday 16 May 2011

SPEAKING FROM EXPERIENCE - New medium

After printing out my designs onto posters I do feel it's a rather boring medium to take, there's so much more I could do. Thinking about my target audience I feel my designs would be best within student halls, and with so many blank walls, which are walked past by student all the time, I felt a wall design would be brilliant. I'm obviously not going to go and paint on a halls wall, I may be charged...I don't particularly want that. So instead, a bit of photoshopping occurred!


Photographing some communal walls with my halls




Manipulating designs onto walls








I realised after producing the manipulations that there is a lot to consider. Firstly colour palette, most walls are magnolia in colour, I must think about complimentary colours which are not garish, nor not noticeable. Secondly, I have to think how passers will read it, all in one go? Read as they walk? Another issue is scale, do I want the designs to be huge, or minuscule and quaint? It's certainly something to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment