Tuesday 10 May 2011

SPEAKING FROM EXPERIENCE - Get designing

Thumbnails for stop motion






.....

A second stop motion created from vectors created. I feel the more image orientated the more interesting. Iv'e made each of the designs very simple so it's easy to read and understand. There's a lot of negative space which I feel benefits the simplicity of the subject matter.



















.....

Stop motion produced from above images:



I really like what i've produced, some elements I do feel could be improved. A quicker pace is needed towards the end due to singled out words. so I may need to put more words together for it to be more fluid. Another issue is possibly the text size when paired with image, I need to think screen size this product will be viewed on for legibility.

From this I intend to make these changes, I also need to produce more slides to be used. I'm unsure whether to stick to the medium of just using illustrator, or wether to use a range of mediums throughout, for instance, photography, paper craft and hand rendered images could be a possibility to get variety within my stop motion.



Regarding pace, I changed a few of the slides and increased pace to 1 frame per second, I feel it flows much better! Further alterations still need to take place.
.....

Further developments

Creating a second product - A poster made for fresher graphic design students to be placed in halls and college walls.



Trying a range of colour palettes





I do feel my vectors look quite medical due to content so I have to stay clear of colours which would show this, for instance the light blue highlights this issue. Using a more neutral tone, which is unisex could be more appropriate. I do feel lighter tones work best; they highlight detail and text.

No comments:

Post a Comment