Wednesday 4 May 2011

SPEAKING FROM EXPERIENCE - Where is what?

Locating large stores within a Leeds student reach (City centre), stores in which you can 'shop around' to save money.


Here I have located several large stores on a saved google map, a vectorised version of the map could be map to be added to produce a student pack motivating one to shop around. 


I came up with this idea as one of my main feedback comments were regarding time, that shopping was a bore for everyday items, and that people simply couldn't 'be bothered' to look around. By providing a map with only stores within the city centre, and within walking distance of each other, i think will overcome this issue.



My Vectorised map



Another possibility is to categorise the stores into which products will be found cheapest were. I would have to do a bit of research, but general knowledge could, for instance, prove that home bargains is best for toiletries, Pound stretcher is good for small appliances, storage devices and suitcases.

.....

Research

 I conducted a question on an online forum


I felt by asking such a question I would get an idea of what particular products to talk about within my stop motion, to compare prices of, and to recommend best store for. For example, dry shampoo (to my knowledge) is cheapest in home bargains.

No comments:

Post a Comment