Tuesday 11 October 2011

What is design or print - Finishing - Experimenting with Embossing

A while ago now, I used to attend craft classes in which the establishment provided equipment, I remembered I used something called heat embossing which involved using a special pen / glue, powder and heat gun. The pen drawn onto any material, the glue from the pen being clear, the powder is then poured over it, excess poured off, and the heat gun blown over it. Eventually the metallic powder heats up and bonds with the material. Its a really nice effect, and is very flexible considering any shape can be drawn. Although, small, intricate detail is hard to achieve.


Just a few logo designs - I could possibly use this within my final outcomes within the task and set brief


No comments:

Post a Comment