Saturday 29 October 2011

Good is...? My ten possible concepts

Flat pack in a range of forms - Exploring pop up art work.


After finding a pop up artist (which can be seen on my design context blog) , I decided to give one of his provided templates a go, using the simple key provided, I laboriously cut and folded for two hours, to have quite an outstanding outcome. I really like the complexity of his designs and how they really are a form of art in their own making.


I like the sense of 'Flat pack' within pop up work, the design and produced can be folded in half, to be flat, or opened completely to become flat. It just goes to show 'Flat pack' can have so many concepts and links other than the obvious. I want to explore more paper based flat pack, how something made of a particular substrate, can become a stunning 3d structure holding many dimensional elements.







Finalised piece





No comments:

Post a Comment