Thursday 27 October 2011

Good is...? Establishing a target audience

It was brought to my attention within a peer feedback session that my target audience didn't seem quite appropriate. Originally it was aimed at first time buyers, due to the low prices of flat pack houses, but I didn't take into consideration the price of land and labour, bad move. Flat pack houses, all costs covered, are more expensive that regular housing due to the land cost and labour, these fluctuate to with area, company etc. Plus, I doubt first time buyers would want such hassle. Ideally I need to research into a new target market, I have to take into consideration, it needs to be someone:
- With money
- Time
- Passion for building there own home


Personal use:
Retirement home? Holiday home? Second home?


Company use:
Holiday lets?


I will follow up this post in my design context blog. I need to do a little thinking and some serious research.

No comments:

Post a Comment