Thursday 27 October 2011

Good is...? Identifying a concept

After having a progress tutorial with Lorenzo I soon realised I didn't have a solid concept, thus resulting in me very much needing to come up with one, quick time! He suggested I came up with 10 possibilities, did a mass sum of research on each, to result in me picking a few to take further into the design process. 



  1. Packaging for 'weehouses' building materials (wood, nails etc)
  2. Popup catalogue book for 'weehouses'
  3. Catalogue
  4. Environmental promotional graphics
  5. Packaging design - push out parts to create a 'weehouse' mock up
  6. Transportation vehicle graphics
  7. Magazine spread 
  8. Tool kit design (the sort which comes with flat pack furniture)
  9. Company introductory Mail shot
  10. Estate agents products 
I intend on researching indepthly into these possibilities to get a real grounding for what I want to do. This will be available on my design context blog.


Action plan:



  • Research
  1. Examples of Ten concepts
  2. How I could approach each of these
  3. How they I could design them in relation to print
  • Mock up
  1. Produce mock ups of concepts
  2. Focus on  a few, produce more mock ups and templates
  3. Possibly research templates (looking at books within studio)
  • Time 
  1. Plan it
  2. Do - To do lists
  3. Think realistically how long things take

No comments:

Post a Comment