Tuesday 4 October 2011

Print workshop - Identifying print methods

We were asked to bring in several examples of prints with us to the session. We each got into a small group , and with a view finder, to examine each of the print pieces to try and understand the processes they under went, and how correctly grammatically define a piece of work.


Just a few images from todays session:


Notes taken explaining what we think each of the pieces are in regard to print and method.

Getting a closer look to get a better understanding, the above image CMYK on flexo.

CMYK foiled blocked.


By understanding the processes, the more I know how to manipulate such a print method.
I feel I'm really gaining some understanding of print throughout these workshops, I suddenly want to try out a lot more new and interesting print methods within my own work. By doing so I'll be able to understand the grammatical terms better as I'll have personal experience with doing them, and my work outcomes will be of a professional standard.

No comments:

Post a Comment