Saturday 15 October 2011

Good is..? - Concept development

We are required to produce 4 A2 concept boards. I have decided to refine my idea's and come up with a range of possibilities to filter down the options.


Why is it good?


1) After I did some research I found that the flat pack housing company I've chosen to rebrand, their houses are a lot cheaper, on average than regular housing.


2) Its environmentally friendly, with its use of solar panels and water recycling facilities. 


3) Its flexible to the environment it can be built in


4) Its easily personalised


5) Each design Is one of a kind


6) Weehouses are architecturally stunning


7) Its built a lot quicker than regular housing


8) Weehouses can be designed and bought online to be delivered


9) 






Contextual references - Board 1
Throughout my Design practise and context blog I have used many examples if the kind of approaches I could take > I want to focus on creating the packaging and promotion for an existing flat pack company based online. To design the packaging in which the whole flat pack house comes in, and the materials its made from, along with the step by step manual. Another packaging idea, was a physical pack and catalogue for the company, holding the information which at the moment, can only be found online, about the company, the service it provides and flat pack homes it sells. Promotional material would include a magazine spread to be held within 'Grand designs' magazine, an environmental design and a leaflet.


Sources:









Initial ideas, format, stock, colour etc - Board 2 & 3
The above image is a major starting point for me, doing the packaging task really helped me too, as I received a lot of positive feedback about my design and logo. I know the colours, stock and logo I wanted to use within my design, due to the feedback received for such elements. It was suggested my text was changed to something more formal.

No comments:

Post a Comment