Tuesday 11 October 2011

Good is...? - Packaging task - Mocking up nets

Although appearing on my blog like I did the mocking p after my final pieces, I didn't. These mock up influenced my final pieces massively, I've just been silly enough to blog in an odd order.

I felt drawing straight onto mock up an appropriate way of designing, its quick, easy, and effective, the mock up can then be unfolded, to show the design on the net, to then digitally mock up. Making life that little bit easier. I found this a very useful process.







Thinking of ways the flaps and folds could incorporate my designs to be more interesting. The above worked well - an extra piece would have been added to create the tree top.


I really really like this design and intended on working further with it, but unfortunately this is no longer my logo, as it represents a tree house rather than flat pack housing....i'll figure something out!




Just working with typography. Don't like the design. Its dull, boring and repetitive. 






Another design which didnt quite work, idea was there, but putting it to design was a different story. The cut out of the roof looked like some kind of claw when opened...not the message I want to give.




The idea of using wooden materials specifications and a 'item here' box, making it look although the packaging is for wooden materials. An idea I could push forward for the 'good is...' brief.




My best design, defiantly pushing this forward to my final design process, it works well, clearly gives the message of what it is the logo for , and has a clever method of packaging.



A list of objectives of the product I feel is appropriate. I think I may use this within finalised designs, to put some information on the packaging, without it I feel it would look unfinished.





No comments:

Post a Comment