Tuesday 11 October 2011

Good is...? - Packaging task - Mocking up net designs

To get a better idea of how the nets looked, worked and felt as packaging I decided to mock them up, produce a few designs, and see how they worked. I wanted to be clever, using folds, creases and cuts to create, shift, change or irradiate elements of my design to make it interesting. I found this really hard by simply trying to draw them, so by mocking up the nets and drawings onto them, I found the design process a lot easier. Especially when It came to finalising the designs, I could unfold the mock up, to be left with a net with sections drawn onto, which makes life so much easier!












So I got drawing and designing...








Simple idea, working with all the folds within the envelope.













Digital designs

Using ideas mocked up, I digitalised them.

I really like this design and will possibly push this forward to be my final, it looks quite festive, which flat pack houses have a connotation of being, due to there habitat and common use as log cabins within snowy areas, like ski resorts. 


A simple yet effective idea, the finalised outcome finish will have die cut sections, adding an element of interest which will add attraction to the packaging.






A complex but workable idea, I feel will be a very strong design..if it works. I shall have to do a few proof prints to see whether it does!


Just an idea....very underdeveloped.

No comments:

Post a Comment