Wednesday 5 October 2011

Good is...? Logo workshop and response to task

My response to the task. 
Create 150 logos in response to your 'good'. 

I found the task very challenging to say the least. Trying to keep up with other work and briefs at the same time was a bit of a hassle, I found myself getting so submerged in designing logos, I had forgotten about other deadlines and had to produce work last minute for other sessions. But I have learned from the experience. That design development is key in getting a good design, after all, my best logos were my last, as was the single one chosen by my class mates. I found the more designs I did, the better they got, my first few were awful. 



Within the workshop we had to pick our ten ten designs, which we left for a group of class mates to scrutinise, and pick a final logo design. In which they wrote down what was good about it, and how it could be improved.








The designs I felt stronger, I vectorised and live traced the logos to give them a crisp appearance. 



My personal favourite form this set is the decorative 'D', I feel its befitting to my topic of flat pack houses, due to the environmental factors and materials they're made from. The letter 'D' possibly not being the most appropriate letterform I could have chosen. 




The above negative and positive 'H' logo is my favourite here. Its clear, simple and concise. The legs of the 'H' I feel could represent the stumps of tree's, if developed further. 


I reallt, really like the 'Tree house' design, even though it doesn't quite fit in with my 'good' I feel it relates to it somewhat, I could develop it to fit better.



The overall chosen design by my class mates



I like the top half of this logo, but don't feel the letter 'T' benefits it at all, it confused it I feel. The logo by itself would possibly have a better impact.

The written response


I obviously need to make it clear that is flat pack wooden housing that is my 'Good'. They recommended I worked on a design I didn't put in my top ten, so I may combine the two.



We were then given another task, in which we have to develop our single logo further, improving the quality and responding to what was said about the design. We then have to (using nets provided) create four packaging outcomes. Pretty excited about the task, we have just under a week to complete it. It will be nice working to a new format, using my own images, and now, with my new knowledge of print, thinking about the outcome more indepthly in regard to stock, print, finish and layout.







No comments:

Post a Comment