Tuesday 11 October 2011

Good is...? - Packaging task - Mocking up final designs

The final pieces, the mistakes, the problems, and the designs which worked

The errors
Designing on screen, and putting the nets together is quite a hard thing to get the grasp off, you really have to think how it would work in your hand. For this I would have a net in my hand whilst working on the computer, yet I still made errors. The one below, which is simple enough to tweak, I just needed to think a little more about extending shapes off the paper as with type. But with this proof print I was able to figure out how and create a working final piece.



This design, the circles were meant to overlap to create a full circle. Again I needed to extend the design off the paper, but I now know how to do it, using this mock up.

Finalised designs







The design finally worked, absolutely love this design, from the four I feel this works best. It holds the logo, which turns into the message, telling of the product my packaging is branding, in simple terms using just image and a few words. Its effective and works well because of this. The way in which I have used the packaging to tell the message I feel is quite clever, and yes, I do feel quite good about myself with this design!








The design finally worked, although I did  intend on cutting out the grey but found it wouldn't work as it would reveal the folds and creases behind, in which I didn't want to be seen. An improvement would be to push the logo off the paper even more, and possibly back some card behind it.





A simple design, but works non the less. The design consistant throughout, even when the packaging is opened. The print quality is quite bad, I realised I should have used a thinner, less texture stock to give the design more precision. Again, another learning curve in which I can undertake into the 'Good is...' brief.





The bottle packaging I feel is very strong, the hidden spots of colours, used according to folds and creases is quite stroking to the eye. The complexity of the packaging was trouble at first, but I feel the more complex, the more creative you can be with your design. I want to something just as challenging when approaching the packaging within my 'Good is' brief.





All together

As a range I feel they work well, the designs have subtle differences, like the size of font, logo and the composition and design elements vary on each.





No comments:

Post a Comment