Monday 10 October 2011

OUGD201 - Good is...? - Seminar task - Logo development

I decided to start developing my logo first, trying to incorporate my feedback given, which stated my logo didn't make it clear to what the product was I was branding. They were confused between whether it was a tree house, or flat pack houses, so I decided I needed to focus on this problem. I still wanted to keep the environmental factor of the logo which consisted of the tree. I began working with the logo itself, then developed a typography which could possibly work hand in hand with the logo.

Hand rendered logos
Using a range if pens and strokes



Digital logo development
I decided to start design in illustrator, I found it a lot easier and quicker. I starter to make my designs more complex, adding illustrative detail. I believe I made my designs more related to my topic of flat pack houses. I began working with colour too, finding it rather difficult to stick to the restrictions of 2 colours and stock. I then began experimenting with combining typography and logo, it didn't work too well. I think it may have done if it had been hand rendered.




'Flat pack housing' - Get it?
I like the idea but not the aesthetics of the design, I intend on working on it.


My favourite range of logos, the diagram of the house I feel gets the message across that it is flat pack houses, as its similar to the sort of drawings you find in manuals which come in flat pack items. The colours I also feel benefit the products adjectives of being environmentally friendly, what better colour to do that then green, it holds iconography of recycling.



No comments:

Post a Comment