Friday 5 October 2012

Type Factory - Henry Moore & Leeds City Gallery Visit

So I visited Henry Moore and Leeds City Art Gallery to get an idea of exhibition space, material displayed and given and the design within. It being an art gallery it used a lot of space, which held very little giving it a formal atmosphere, making it minimilistic and effortless. I was disappointed by the Wayfinding design, I found myself getting lost quite a bit, and going around in circles. The pieces of artwork themselves were so far away from the information about them too, which meant you didn't know which description was for what. I hope me and Sarah can learn a bit from this (although we won't have such a large space) we will be looking at showing a lot of work, so making it clear to identify will be important.











Publication Material




No comments:

Post a Comment