Thursday 25 October 2012

Casa Mia - Final Identity & Logo



Design Development

So I've finally managed to come up with and create an identity for Casa Mia. I wanted to step away from the Serif, decorative typeface, for it to be come simpler and in keeping with the decorative typefaces I've designed for the menus. Anything busy, and decorative paired with my designs would simply blend in and it wouldn't be apparent as the logo for the restaurant. 

Finalised Identity

Initially I found creating a colour palette quite difficult, trying to avoid the christmas cliche colours. I've simply replaced the green with an earthy cream, and the white with a contrasting light black, these colours screen printed on an already chosen substrate will work really well. The typeface chosen is consistent from logo, to menu content and material (other than hand rendered type), the weight is simply changed accordingly. The tracking has been altered to make the type tighter and more legible as two words (within logo). I'm quite proud with my outcome, I feel it reflects the Modern, new identity I wanted to give Casa Mia and too reflects the aura of an Italian Restaurant.



No comments:

Post a Comment