Monday 22 October 2012

Doing my nut in - Identity sketchbook development




Layout and format

I'm interested in looking at layers and materials to show visually the dictionary format for a phrase or word. The layering will lie on top of words to either change, cover up or distort the word to become the dictionary format. The way I intend on doing this is through creating a concertina format, which means there is constant layering and interaction with a reader.




Publication Identity and logo design

I'm focusing on the idea of creating a coat of arms for each publication, so its iconic to see and recognisable as to which location the book is focusing on. This will be done through colour (the citys flag) and icons, such as iconic locations and logos which symbol and reflect the city and culture. I also intend on involving the roots of the accent, for instance 'Geordie' came from the Miners in Newcastle, castle fellow minors 'George'. 

I will be focusing on print methods too to make the coat of arms a interesting and vibrant symbol rather than representing something historic.


Generating idea's as to how to overlay phrases with dictionary terms.


No comments:

Post a Comment