Thursday 18 October 2012

Casa Mia - Colour Palette

One of the things mentioned in my progress tutorial, when I mentioned Casa Mia's christmassy colour palette was to experiment with tones, trying to replace one of the 3 colours so its reputation and identity still somewhat remains. I looked at Kuler on Illustrator searching 'Italy' and 'Italian' and was surprised to find quite a few palettes relating. Using these I came up with a range of colour palettes, I wanted to stick to just 3, as Casa Mia does now.


The colour palettes I came up with:


The printed outcome

Looking at the print out I could see colours which didn't print too well (of course this will change printer to printer so will have to do a test print each time), so collated the colour palettes I prefered and put together new colour palettes.


4 Chosen from above as best:



Final Choice

I feel it still sticks to the Italian theme, being all I changed was the red, to an orange which is of the same tone and is still considered a warm colour.



Orange - D08449
Green - 1E594E



No comments:

Post a Comment