Sunday 7 October 2012

OUGD301 - Time managing my briefs

We had a workshop looking at how to go about time managing your chosen briefs, constructing a timeline for each based on the standard Design process of:
  1. Idea Generation
  2. Research and investigation
  3. Concept Development / Clarification
  4. Design Development
  5. Evaluation and Selection
  6. Production and Resolution
  7. Presentation and Submission 
I decided the way I was going to approach this, was to use the above Design Process, but it becoming more than simple stages, and becoming a detailed outline of how I intended on completing the brief in the given time. I made a few notes first of how I thought the order of each of my brief would be, to take it into the timeline and become a more descriptive and detailed version. Without this workshop I would have really struggled to understand how to undertake such a large selection of work without losing my sanity. I know this approach will work for me, as I've done something similar, off my own back in time managing; I can't leave a list uncompleted by the slotted times. This way of time managing our briefs is an insight into how it can be done in the working world, and something I can see myself using.


Notes Taken:





Timelines:



No comments:

Post a Comment