Thursday 4 October 2012

OUGD301 - Friday - To Do

I've decided to dedicate this friday to getting a ton of primary research done, I'm going to hire an SLR and get some photos taken.

I'm going to visit many of the art galleries and museums in town, in regard to my Type Factory brief  to get an idea of how to design for an exhibition space, looking at the promotional and design materials they use, with intention of getting a little inspiration from it. I will also be looking at a few exhibition spaces which may be available, I will be visiting the corn exchange, looking at the space, to see whether it will be suitable, to photograph so we have reference for the space specifictions. I will also be looking at Casa Mia, upon visiting last night, I found they hire a room out for free for such events, so I'll be enquiring about that space.

Another brief I will be researching for will be Accessorize, I want to try and purchase a few bits to attain packaging design, ask for any leaflets of promotional material and take a few pictures. This will give me a clearer idea of what products I will be designing for, and what their current products and trends are, to take into my illustrative pattern design.

I also intend on looking at Waterstones and the Library, for my '10 things' brief. Looking at dedicated children's reading spaces within libraries and public book stores. This will give me a clearer understanding of what materials I should design and to what specifications. I will be asking to taking photographs to go back to in the design stages.

Another element of this brief is the research, I want to try and visit a school and contact teacher and parents aksing them a few questions in relation to what they think children need to be learning at home, and what potential subjects I could design a book for.

SO a busy day, but hopefully a successful and constructive one.

No comments:

Post a Comment