Monday 25 April 2011

WHAT IS A LINE - Re-written brief and action plan

Written by myself


Brief:
Exploring lines in accordance to nature, and the way in which lines within tree's are used to determine age.


Considerations:
What medium I want to work in, wether it be digital, or simple line drawings. What size am I working to?


Target Audience:
Depends on how I approach my tone of voice.


Tone of voice:
Playful or serious in factual Information


Background:
The science behind lines and makings within tree trunks, and how they define age.


Mandatory requirements:
Completed on time, visual investigation and research.


Deliverables:
Notes book / Sketchbooks
Visual Work







Written by Ben

Brief:
One can predict the age of tree's through lines. Explore this visually.

Considerations:
Hand crafted / Stitched method or a digital outcome should be considered.

Target Audience:
Maybe children learning about tree's?

Tone of voice:
Playful

Background:
Lines can be found in everything. Nature is an aspect of the world where lines are everywhere. In nature lines, it can be very informative, e.g trees, lines, show age.

Mandatory requirements:
Completed on time and to the best of you potential.
Visual investigation and research.

Deliverables:
Note / book / sketchbook
Visual work; photography?




This exercise really helped me to determine what approach I wanted to take. I decided Ben's idea of creating an educational children book was wonderful and achieve able. I thought using lines drawings of the life process of a tree, with short statements would be a a good idea, as it would be aesthetically pleasing to a child's eye, as well as providing an educational element.





Action Plan:

Action: 

Week 1: Research where and how lines contribute to nature. The science behind accurately ageing a tree. Start drawing.

Deadline : 29 / 03 / 11

Week 2 : Research life cycle of a tree. Start visually documenting the life of a tree.

Deadline: 03 / 04 / 11

Week 3:

Consider an appropriate medium, Experiment with sewing, drawing, and digital work. Mock up pages.

Dealine: 10 / 04 / 11

Week 4: Get going. Start producing final outcome.

Deadline: 10 / 04 / 11

Week 5: Final / print final outcome

Deadline : 24 / 04 / 11




This exercise really helped me to understand how to go about doing things, to plan my time and make the brief achievable. I could follow this plan very easily, and as it's broken down, it means I can really concentrate on the action at hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment