Friday 29 April 2011

SPEAKING FROM EXPERIENCE - Thinking 3d structural landmark

As my dad lives in Newcastle, and I used to live in Leicester, it used to take several hours in a car to visit him. As a child I would relate landmarks with time, for instance, when we got to scotch corner services, it was an hour longer to his house, from the angel of the north, it was about half an hour. These sort of connections are used by all of us. Theme parks tend to do this to, but by informing us of how much longer a queue will take to get on a ride.

I wanted to produce a similar product in approaching my brief, but rather than a structural building or statue, a constructed 3dimentional product which students would use to follow as a guide to the quickest route to university. A constructed 'landmark' which can be followed, and even used as a guide for time.

With this idea I have to take many considerations to hand. For instance:
-  What information will this 3d product hold, if any?
- What shape / design will make it relevant to students?
- How can I make it so it can be sturdy and stay in place for a few days before a vandal destroys it?
- Can the shape / design be something everyone can relate to as being a 'guide' or 'pinpoint' to follow?

I feel a bit of research is in order...

No comments:

Post a Comment