Monday 25 April 2011

END OF MODULE SELF EVALUATION - OUGD104 - Visual language

End of Module Self-Evaluation
Stephanie Lawson
OUGD104
VISUAL LANGUAGE

1.    What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?
I believe I have really experimented within scale and size within this module, being shown how to produce a hot dog fold book I did find most useful, I was able to develop the design into my own when creating designs for the book fair.

2.    What approaches to/methods of research have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?

Throughout this module I have found myself doing more and more primary research, as It has been the most useful resource to me when producing designs. By going out and actually doing something in direct relation to work really gives me more motivation and drive and a variation to my work. 

3.    What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?

I feel my work has a strong personal and useful element ;each of my products have had a precise and direct audience. I use a range of materials throughout my work, sometimes combining many along with a mixed approach to materials used. It gives a real mix and range to my work.

4.    What weakness can you identify in your work and how will you address these more fully?

I tend to use a lot of hand drawn elements throughout all of my designs, I feel I need to experiment more with media and materials in order to find other approaches in which I enjoy. 

5.    Identify five things you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?

1.   Experiment more with media and materials
2.    Be more abstract and unexpecting in my deliverables
3.    To write and analyse more along the way
4.    Try to stick with my idea, don't step away from it right at the end
5.    Work more digitally

7.    How would you grade yourself on the following areas?
5 - excellent     4- very good    3- good            2 - average       1 - poor

Attendance                                                      5
Punctuality                                                      5
Motivation                                                       3
Commitment                                                   4
Quantity of work produced                             4
Quality of work produced                               4
Contribution to the group                                4


No comments:

Post a Comment