Saturday 23 April 2011

VISUAL LANGUAGE - What is a line - Thinking, Scale and format

Scale and Format


I had many idea's about how my drawings could be presented, my first being a simple book in a square format, but I felt my design would benefit having an individual space to really highlight detail and information. So I thought about producing a book, each page a new plant, but another issue occurred, the drawings, when increased in size, really didn't look right, small intricate detail was diminished and it just didn't have the fine quality it had when smaller, and a small book would be far too fiddly due to the amount of pages that would be needed. So I settled on a simpler format and scale, that of playing card size. 

Colour Experimentation 
Due to the range of colour used within my observations I was limited to what colour palette would compliment each. I felt the simpler, the better. I felt monochrome and desaturated tones would be a good choice, so I looked on adobe kuler ( a website creating colour palette's) to explore my idea.

A combinations of black, grey and earthy hue's could possibly compliment my theme of nature

Monochrome

Blue's not so beneficial or fitting to my products

Darker earthy tones, but I feel are too similar and would look out of place within my product

I felt due to my product size, I would need just a few colour's rather than 5, so I settled on the classic black and white monochrome.

No comments:

Post a Comment