Thursday 28 April 2011

DESIGN IS ABOUT DOING - EVALUATION

I am really proud of my outcome of this brief, I do feel my final pieces could work a lot better if the opacity was lowered so I could overlap the images to create a montage. I feel my idea was strong, I tried to make it dramatic in colour choice and by adjusting the levels in my photos to have a contrast of dark and light. I really enjoyed working with photography, it gave a whole new look and real element to my designs. My body part were positioned on the body, so the messages within them could be related to a body itself.

My chosen colour palette for the body parts were simple, legible and effective. I really seemed to enjoy and be motivated within this brief, there was so many options I could take with it and felt the need to explore each thoroughly. 

I tried a range of media, working with hand crafting, illustrator, photography and hand drawn to be edited on the computer. I am pretty gutted I didn't hear back from the book producer which set up the competition !

No comments:

Post a Comment