Saturday 30 April 2011

IN DESIGN - Getting to know you, getting to know all about you...

When I first interviewed Matt I simply took took little nicks of information, leaving me with lots of little bits of info about him. I have since decided I want my magazine to present an interview like structure, meaning I either have to conduct another interview with him, or to turn the information gathered into paragraphs. I decided to do both.


Here I have applied question and answer formatting to the information gathered:




So Matt, firstly, how do you like your brew?
"Just not tea, coffee all the way, frothy, 2 sugars, but if it's coffee, it's gotta be brown sugar!"


Frothy Coffee it is then. So what is it? Matt? Matthew? 
"Matthew Stephen Frank Sia Chattfield, you can call me Matt."


A little bit of a mouthful there. We've heard you a brumz born lad...
"Yeah I guess I am, but I moved to Lancaster so it's not too bad really! And obviously now live in Leeds so all is well."


I suppose we can forgive you then...miss much of Lancaster life?
"Well me mums lasagna really is the dogs bollocks, so yeah, I miss that."


I see you have your priorities right! 
"Well yeah, I miss people too! But I can't get enough of that cheesy pasta deliciousness."


Moving on from lasagna, whats makes the perfect night?
"If it's a night in, it's a case of monging out, sour skittles in one hand, Cobra beer in the other with a serious sesh of COD with the guys. If it's a night out, a prelash, bit of Lupe Fiasco - I began to jot, tap the world and listen, it drop,.. then on out to either a Mint Tuesday or Hospitality.


Lovely voice there... So what did you do before attending University?
"I did A levels; Graphics, art, media and psychology, got quite good grades, did a foundation...failed that so yeah.."


Oh dear, but now you doing a Graphic Design degree so it didn't go too badly for you!
" Yeah it's good, really glad I managed to get a place, I really enjoy the work. I really like this graphic design group called 123Klan, Their French, it's like graffiti work."




Within this interview I have had to give Matt a voice, which I don't feel is to accurate. I feel I will need to have a face to face conservation in order for that to be achievable really. I'll be sure to get onto that though!

No comments:

Post a Comment