Tuesday 26 April 2011

MODULE SUBMISSION FORM - What is a line

MODULE SUBMISSION FORM
Steohanie Lawson
OUGD104
VISUAL LANGUAGE
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: TUESDAY 26TH APRIL 2011- 1PM

THEMES/SUBJECT & RATIONALE
For my 'What is a line?' project I began by exploring the theme of lines within nature, focusing of how lines depict age within tree's. I felt the ideas of producing line drawings of trees to be a good focus but soon began to district myself in subject matter focusing on plants in general rather than just tree's. I began collecting trimmings of plants and shrubs from a relatives garden of which I started producing many observational studies, finding much inspiration for my style and approach to these through my research; the illustration artist of 'Winnie the Pooh' and 'Wind and the Willows' was a main resource for me. I became comfortable using watercolour paints and pen, using a series of lines to create shape, texture and shadow within my studies.
After doing a series of observational studies I found my direction to be relating to gardens and gardening. I had noted down the species and information about the characterises of plants and shrubs I had drawn, dividing the plants into two area's, shrubs and border plants. I soon decided to create some kind of gardening kit, which would hold a plant identity pack. Feeling this wasn't quite enough to be considered a 'pack' I drew some gardening tools, taking on a different drawing style; simpler line drawings. I also noted down what the equipment was to be used for and how.
From this I had 3 sets of observational drawings, that of common border shrubs, common garden shrubs, and gardening equipment, each with useful information. I decided on creating informative cards to be placed inside a packaging sleeve to create a 'your garden' pack. A basic kit on getting to know and identify elements within your garden.

Blogs up to date: COMPLETE
Work labelled as briefed: COMPLETE
Work submitted in appropriate format: COMPLETE 
Self-Evaluation Completed and posted to blogs as briefed: COMPLETE

I confirm that all work submitted is my own and am aware of the colleges Plagiarism Policy and that all work submitted has been appropriately labelled, formatted and tested.

STUDENT SIGNATURE
Stephanie Lawson

DATE
25/04/11


No comments:

Post a Comment