Saturday 30 April 2011

RESEARCH - A Freshers way to uni

Sticking to the plan of conducting research in regard to finding out what route people within my class took within freshers. I intend on giving a few people maps in which they can highlight the route they take.


Posted on an online forum:


Research!

How long did it take you as a fresher to find the quickest route to uni?

Is the route quite complex or easy?

Did you plan a route, for instance look at a map before making your way to your first day on uni?

What is the route you take now? - From which halls, which road, landmarks to you take/pass along the way?




Answers:


Charlie: I took the first day i was just wondering around and it happened to be the right way


.....


Here I took a screen shot from google maps, this is to be printed and given to students within my class, in which I am going to ask them to highlight the route they currently take to university. On of the maps is from Liberty park, the other from Royal Park flats, As I have come to understand the majority of students live in these two halls. From this research I will gain an understanding of the most popular routes; I will be able to conduct a route in which to place my 'markers' for freshers to take.




When I received an appointment letter for a session of physio I received a map in order to find the physio centre, the place of which I needed to go was highlighted for me. Showing this sort of idea is already used.



.....

Here I have printed several of each map out and highlighted the university and the halls on each one. I will give these out asking students to highlight the route they currently take to university.





No comments:

Post a Comment