Monday 25 April 2011

VISUAL LANGUAGE - Photography - Final prints

Taking what I has learnt from the photography induction, I decided to plan ahead of my photoshoot. I bought some tissue paper I had experimented and found it to be a good light filter, I had collected a few other items and materials which create a textured or abstract lighting effect when placed over or near a bulb. 

After collecting an arrangement of orange items I started photographing them, finding a few to work better than most. From my objects I found textured objects to be most effective. A ribbon being the final object I worked with due to it unrestricted movability; I could manipulate it's shape to what ever I felt best.

Photographing 'Orange' Objects




My Chosen ten
I focused on just one of my objects, an orange ribbon. I felt it had a lot of variety, shape and shadow. I could do a lot more with it than anything else. It almost suggests movement. I focused on getting harsh contrasting lighting between light and dark. Using a spotlight to create shadow.











I really like my final photos, the harsh lighting works really well and in some I have used the light itself as subject matter; it gives a sense of proportions and adds an element of drama to the images. Some of the photos are intentionally blurred to create a sense of movement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment