Tuesday 29 March 2011

VISUAL LANGUAGE - what is a line - Pen, ink and watercolour

After looking at Winnie the Pooh's illutsrations I became inspired to produce something similair in style and media. I know I want to creative something relevant to a child learning about nature in one way or another, whether that be about photosynthetsis or the names of partiuclar speicies of plants, using such an image style I feel is appropriate in that, it is so very detailed and realistic in form.

Direct observations from E.H Shepard 

Using watercolour and fineliner

I felt this media was a better choice due to the accuracy of the lines, I didn't have to predict where it would go or how thick the lines would be, I could choose a certain thickness of pen to do that for me. This was an issue when using pen and ink in the image below, the ink seemed to leek and be unpredicatble in thickness of line; it would rapidly change. Detail was lost and unable to produce due to this.



Another observation from a photo within another book this time

No comments:

Post a Comment