Thursday 3 March 2011

DESIGN IS ABOUT DOING - Craft and photo

Taking snaps
Positioning the cut out where the organ would lie.
From all of the images I do feel the above works best, in that the light is particularly contrasting, the cut out is easier to see and is the focus. I will take this forward.


This doesn't work as well, I do feel the persons busy attire has something to do with this.

The scanned in work



Using Illustrator and photoshop


My design I feel works best




Working with live trace on illustrator


Although I like these designs, the genre seems to be that of guns and crime, which obviously isn't my main focus!


From seeing my results, I have found that plain, unedited photography is the way forward. I will need to prepare a set up in which there is a contrasting light, and choose a model, in which there attire is complimentary to my designs; perhaps a dark plain t-shirt, hair back, no jewellery would would best.


No comments:

Post a Comment