Saturday 26 March 2011

COMMUNICATION IS A VIRUS - Final designs

Final Designs


The Presentation:
















The designs:

Kirsty:










Claudia:






Matt:



Mitch



Myself:













The screen printing process was very long, but I do feel it was worth it after seeing the final outcomes. This method also gave me freedom in printing medium. As I was able to print onto magnetic paper and doilies. The prints were cut down to a 2:1 ratio in accordance to the groups decisions to size, and we also tried to mix colours to the best of our ability to match our chosen pantones.


Final poster designs
Here are my final poster designs, which were motivational is trying to get our target audience of students to learn a new language. I feel these worked really well. There was continuity in my own designs in that the hand drawn type was similar in aesthetic quality. They also worked well with everybody else's posters, as chosen colours and size were the same, each person had their own qualities and hand rendered typography into their poster designs. Overall as a group I felt we worked really quite well. Being individual in some of our approaches to designing, I did feel would become an issue, but we came together in the end in our styles. Time management was essential for this project, we were forever arranging times to meet up and talk about what we were doing next, and going away with 'to do' lists!


_______


EVALUATION




I found this brief quite difficult to get a grasp of. Particularly by working within a group, I felt it took a lot to actually be able to be working along side with the same idea's, we found ourselves working independently for the majority of our work, which I feel let us down in answering the brief. 

I was most surprised with how the designs came along with my group, I did begin to think some of the idea's and designs were not working, and in any sense being motivational but we really came together at the end.

I really experimented with media within this brief, beginning with just pen, to move onto the computer, to then screen print both hand drawn and computer designs. Again exploring the use of materials, creating doilies, magnets and 2:1 scale posters, which were drawn and printed onto coloured card. I really enjoyed doing something different, avoiding the digital dungeon, it certainly gave a range to my work.

I'm gutted I wasn't able to attend the presentation given my the rest of my group, but I looked at some of the feedback and felt I should have pushed with a comment I made. I mentioned that we need to get our products out into the environment, but was overheard due to everyone being ever so busy so I tried myself, put up poster with detachable information. 

I have learnt that time management is KEY when working within a group, we should have worked together more to create consistency within designs. Creating designs which you have all had an input in doing I feel is a better way to go about things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment