Wednesday 23 March 2011

COMMUNICATION IS A VIRUS - Chosen designsto screen print

Chosen Logo

Chosen designs - Myself (Now using logo)

To be used as a poster, and to be printed onto Doillies on magnets


To be printed as a smaller poster, in which information is able to be teared off.

The left section of this design will also be printed onto doillies and magnets


Screen printed results:


I tried several colours of stock to experiment with, the lighter tones defiantly received a better outcome. We chose correctly in going for a light sepia tone as a background.




The doillies I feel work really well, they writing is legible, which, in it's tiny format, I thought would be an issue but isn't. Another problem I thought would occur would be the delicacy of the doilies themselves, I thought the screen might tear them of bleed the ink through, but again this wasn't an issue. The only way to really find out was to do it for myself.






The 'tear off' posters looked great. I did have some issues with gaffer tape and the ink bleeding through, but apart from that I feel they work pretty well. These images are before they were cut into being able to be torn off pieces of information.





Kirsty:


The screen printed results




No comments:

Post a Comment