Sunday 5 February 2012

Top ten things - Problems I encountered

Positioning, scale and parenting. 


Throughout the period of this brief I have really struggled positioning and scaling in sync. I have spent hours, making several key frames, to simply position and scale in sync. It wasn't until the last after effects session that we got taught about parenting. This saved me so much time, frustration and effort.  It was possibly one of the biggest things I overcame, although very simple!


The Below video just one example of this, notice the sign in the right hand side not fully coming into shot.
 


Organisation of files


I've come to realise the importance of organising your files, the hard way. I failed at labelled any of my layers, files etc. So when it came to making the title sequence using a collation of my idents I found it really, really difficult. It has possibly took me twice as long to structure my title sequence. Although its taken me until finishing my animations to realise this, I'm pretty sure I'll be using it again soon at some point, and the first thing I intend on doing, is naming them accordingly. Not only within After Effects, but everything I do, of any level of complexity, will need labelling and naming appropriately.




Working with audio


I found choosing appropriate audio really quite difficult. A lot of the music I felt would work, simply didn't, whether it be the beat, words, or not communicating my top ten appropriately. It took me until the final crit, to gain some really good feedback and suggestions regarding audio.


Working with audio felt simple enough, but when editing it, things became that bit more complex. I found it difficult making it fit my moving image, I regret not starting with music in the first place, it would have given my design more direction. Again, something else I will do first in further projects.



No comments:

Post a Comment