Wednesday 1 February 2012

Image - Eye chart - Final piece

I decided it would be most appropriate to hand render my final piece, as I would be able to use a range of line weights, including incredibly fine, (0.05) to produce very fine detail on the pocket watches. I changed my initial idea of every watch being different, due to time. It would have meant drawing 22 watches, each having there own style, deteriorating in detail. I felt it much easier to simply repeat the image across the line. 


I had experimented drawing onto off white, but it was too clean and crisp for the tone I wanted to achieve, instead, I drew straight onto parcel paper, which I felt gave an antique tone to my work, suiting the age of the watches I was drawing.


I really enjoyed this project, it allowed me to get hand on with some illustration, I have always been a fan of observational studies, of very detailed, complicated objects, so watches was certainly a subject matter which had this. 









No comments:

Post a Comment