Sunday 30 January 2011

CREATING A GRID

After our grid sessions with Lorenzo I had an idea of how to create my grid, in accordance to what I am producing. I felt using a grid was necessary as I will be designing with a lot of type and in some pages, image as well.

The grids I duplicated and layered over each of my designs. My pages all vary in size, so when designing my grids I bared this in mind, It work with something half and quatre its size.




 
The measurements

THE FUNDAMENTALS OF GRAPHIC DESIGN - Gavin Ambrose and Paul Harris

The various elements of a grid:
  • COLUMN - the basic structure for organising text. - 60.25cm
  • TOP MARGIN - Space at the top of the page setting the boundary for the design. - 13cm
  • BASELINE - The imaginary lines upon which text images and other graphic elements are placed.
  • CENTRE FOLD - The centre of a spread where the pages are fitting together by binding.
  • PICTURE BOX - Space for image
  • OUTER MARGIN - The space at the bottom of a spread - 13cm
  • BOTTOM MARGIN - The space at the bottom of a page - 13cm
  • INTER-COLUMN SPACE (GUTTER) The space between two text columns - 6.5 or 13cm

MY GRID: Is symmetrical. Has two columns for text measuring 60.25cm. Has a top, outer and bottom margin or 13cm. It has inter-column space (gutter) of either 6.5 or 13cm.
It's overal width is 270cm and height is 146cm



No comments:

Post a Comment