Saturday 15 January 2011

BOOK MAKING WORKSHOP

Me and about 5 others had a Book binding workshop this week, with Vernon Street college. We were to produce three types of binding, over 5 hours. It involved lots of cutting, measuring, sticking and, admittedly, lots of mistakes. I really enjoyed the session, it's nice to know old, hand on methods are still in practice and we are able to produce a graphic design product this way. 

Concertina Book

Chinese binding, and a simple sew and tie bind.

I knew I wanted to produce a book for my collection 100 product before we were offered this workshop, which was brilliant. So I stayed after the session to experiment and get more practice in the field. I used some tabs, and used the simple binding method to produce it. I also used more pages than we used within the workshop to gain a feel of how I want my final product to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment