Tuesday 22 May 2012

Where I am, Looking back at the brief

I began to get a bit concerned as to where I stand now, in the sense of what my brief is, my range and distribution. 


I began with a packaging range, to sell honesty but finding this would be nearly impossible. I found, through looking at many magazines that a large percent of 'Fakery' products (Comsetics, hair dye etc) were very manipulative in the way they advertised their product. This soon became a personal issue which I wanted to deal with and became passionate about. 


This then gave me the design direction to create a campaign from what I found within my research. By creating my own line of fake cosmetics, I could highlight the issue. This made up cosmetic line wouldn't be put up to sell, but would be placed in the environment in a range of ways, through posters, billboards, in store adverts and the an online presence.


 The idea was to educate people, which would result in customers questioning cosmetic products. This, would hopefully influence producers of cosmetics to be honest in its advertising, to use my logo from the campaign so consumers knew of its accaptance and following of the cosmetic advertisement guidelines.


The push I need to make henceforth is to link my deliverables and range together, providing links to the website, contact details, how the logo can be used, etc. I need to make the campaign some sort of event, rather than just some design work sprawled across Leeds city centre.

No comments:

Post a Comment