Tuesday 1 May 2012

OUGD203 - Concept development workshop

A workshop developing our concept and brief idea, bringing along our boards holding any research and info collected. The workshop including presenting and pitching your idea to your group, gaining feedback from each of the 6 members, which was to help gain sense of our brief.


Mine, although a strong idea was behind it, lacked context and application. I know what I want to do, not how I want to do it. I gained a lot of good feedback to push my idea forward into actually producing something. Overall I think I want to re-brand an existing cosmetic line to concentrate on being honest and truthful about the product and the way its promoted. For instance 'It won't cause miracles, but it will make you look prettier." Something short, to the point, honest and humorous. 


I have produced a action plan list for myself to do, for the deadline next wednesday:



  • Go to superdrug / boots / lush / body shop - Photograph products, advertising, choose a range to re-brand.
  • Prove my problem - Look at womans magazines, adbusters
  • Create logo and identity
  • Colour palette
  • Secondary research - Facts, stats, images
  • Interview several women - Gain opinion of self consciousness, products, brands and advertising 
  • Collect examples of packaging
  • Re-write brief
  • Specify distribution location & methods
  • Specify content
  • Explore range
  • Explore and research target audience
  • Progress evaluation
  • Look at retail graphics




No comments:

Post a Comment