Sunday 9 December 2012

Typosgraphe






Evaluation

Working in a collaborations has been harder and more rewarding than I initially thought. Choosing a partner who had skills I wanted to improve worked to my benefit, I feel my type and layout skills have some what improved, and my communication skills - Having to email places to possibly hold the event, and networking to involve people to submit work. Creating an event at first was quite scary, but because I had a partner, we were able to push through and actually organise it between us, for the new year. We managed to organise our time very well, there were times were we hadn't touched the brief or spoke a out it for at least 2 week at the beginning so we decided on weekly weekend meetings in which we would decided what we'd do for the week ahead. These became more often during uni days, we'd organise day were we would go down to screen print together, or print. We would write a set f tasks, and between us, decided who'd be doing what, according to skill set. It was really good working with Sarah, she was very pro-active and did a lot of work which had been a problem with past collaboratives, I would certainly work with her again.

Things I would do differently would consist of writing the brief together, at several points we had different ideas and changed the brief, but communication was lost as these ideas weren't written down, which resulted in me being confused about what we should be doing at several points. This I can say was really the only issue we had, it been a successful collaboration in my eyes, and I look forward to the event in January.

No comments:

Post a Comment