Saturday 1 December 2012

Competition Brief - Using gradients

I wanted to use colours too which would represent the idea of pitch and sound. It is recognisable that red is of a high pitch, orange medium and blue very low. I decided to create a gradient, this I firstly created on illustrator but found it too harsh, so I decided to paint one with watercolour to apply as a swatch.


The swatch didn't fit the shapes as I originally wanted them, but instead have create a strange but wonderful array of colours. As a set, the graphs work together representing the levels of pitch.


I tried with a line swatch but wasn't too keen on the result


I then tried to revert the colours, this too I feel works well with the swatch but I fear it looks too much like a silhouette of a city scape.


The gradient created on illustrator - it doesn't represent the colours transition as smooth as I wanted and achieved through watercolour paints.


The gradient I created


I used this directly on drawings. I intend on cutting and working with these at a later date.




No comments:

Post a Comment