Sunday 9 December 2012

Competition Brief - Sound Bites





Evaluation

I found this brief particularly difficult as I found out last minute that the competition brief we had to do, had to be a current, after being told otherwise. So I looked at a few on the ISTD briefs and found 'sound bites' we was very similar to my 'Doing my nut in' brief. It gave me the opportunity to produce the promotional material for my books, which I didn't have time for. Using the content of the 'Doing my nut in' brief, I created a visual concept for explaining sound visually. I loved the process of listening and trying to explain the sound through typography, it was something I hadn't done before. Considering the amount of time I had to do this brief, I was proud to have come up with such a strong concept and a suitable amount of work to cover 3 boards. This became strongly a concept and research driven brief, which I don't think I've done before. Ideally I'd like to re-do / spend more time on this brief and take it into FMP, to explore my concept further and how I can push it.

No comments:

Post a Comment