Thursday 29 November 2012

Competition Brief - Starting

So I needed to look back at the competition brief and really make a start on what i was going to decided to do for it. So the brief:



Brief:

You are required to design a range of advertisement, promotional and product material which will be driven by your 'Doing my nut in' outcome. The products designed will need to investigate sound recordings from the British Library Sounds collection, focusing on accents and dialects. Design material will need to have a typographic and language focus.

Considerations:

Consider the way that different accents may suggest particular fonts – some bolder, some softer, sharp, distressed, condensed, thin, fat, serif/sans serif etc. You decide – the possibilities are endless.

Background:

Use whatever methods and media you consider appropriate to convey your solution effectively – as long as you express a solid idea, inform us and show us your typographic skills. Make sure that you incorporate typographically detailed text matter that expresses an information hierarchy. Remember that words and language are our collateral and that your submission should be essentially typographic.

Mandatory Requirements:

Broad range of research
The products designed need to be typographically led
A range of appropriate advertisement, promotional material and retail graphics


I have decided:

For this brief I intend on creating a range of poster designs, for promotional and advertisement purpose of my 'Doing my nut in' publications. These will explore the relation between spoken and written language. My content will be a phrase taken from a sound recording found on the british library recordings - Accent and Dialect, and constructed in a way to make the words look how they are said. I will be exploring line weight, shape, and height of letterforms to create a visual sound. I also intent on exploring soundwaves and how these can influence my design decisions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment