Tuesday 24 January 2012

Top ten things - The direction I'm going to take



After having a mental breakdown at the lack of skills I seem to have on after effects, I spoke to Lorraine. Finding that my skills lie within illustrating and hand rendered pieces, she suggested I followed the path of some student in previous years; to concentrate the bulk of your time on creating stunning visual illustrative material, and use AE to simply move these pieces around the screen, as the images would speak for themselves. 

I was much happier after realising I could do this, so decided to get cracking on creating some intricate, colourful illustrative material. I also realised, when coming to create the packaging, I would have art work readily prepared, so in a sense, it was a time saver on that part!

I illustrated everything I could think I would need within my idents and title sequence.


Heres an initial animation. Using the images above I have created a first moving piece. I was unsure of the tone I wanted to create. It has humorous elements (the cow kicking the juice and glass) alongside serious elements (the statistics about drinkers). Its basically a collation of a series of approaches I could take. 




The text element - as its own composition - 
I decided I wanted to experiment with Kinetic Type, not very well I must admit, but its a start!

No comments:

Post a Comment