Friday 6 January 2012

Silent movie - Finished results




Using the movement of a bouncing ball, I've manipulated the work to recreate this movement, increasing in pace throughout. Every time the word 'bounces' from the ground, the composition background colour alters.





When designing the thumbnails for this piece, the animation box was 3 dimentional. I decided against making the letters 3d. The word still feels although its bouncing from background to foreground, although its going to burst through the screen. The size of the letterform increases with every bounce. The composition background colour flashes every time the screen 'is hit' by the word.





This was very complicated when attempting to design on thumbnails as there were a lot of key frames. I feel its very effective in the way i've translated it to screen. The word bounces from side to side, every time it touches the boundary box, it leaves a letter behind, which changes colour, to eventually be completely separated, to join together bouncing from the side of the composition frame at the end of the clip.





Taking the word ' bounce' quite literally, I manipulated the word to bounce from the boundary composition frame, 'squashing' and rotating during the movement, to move from one side of the screen to another. This was the hardest to accomplish, it took a lot of working out, key frames, and much assistance to be able to get my thumbnail designs to work on screen. Although I feel I've accomplished this, I feel with more time ( and more after effects knowledge) I could make the design and the word movement more believable.





This is my favourite composition from the five. Its very simple and I feel has been appropriate in conveying the message of 'bouncing' in the form of rebounding a word from side to side, using a 'squashing' action. This was one of my last designs, throughout the time I feel I have improved, so this being a later piece, I feel has been designed with more skill. 

No comments:

Post a Comment