Saturday 15 September 2012

Premium end wine packaging - Measurements

So firstly I need to look at the measurements of wine, to know where to start in designing and thinking about the packaging style. I just got together a few bottles of wine to find the standard liquid volume to be 750ml. A smaller bottle I came across holds just 200ml. So already theres an option to design for either a standardised volume of wine (small or large) or my own unique volume. This could be based on research looking into how much, on average a person drinks before a night out, whilst their in a oub / bar / restaurant or at home. So I could also pick an occasion, with this could come a range of packaging designs, for a range of occasions. 

Another thing I came across is there is a standard wine bottle size and volume measurement, but there is a range of wine glass shapes and sizes, but they are designed to hold standardised volumed served in bars, pubs and restaurants. I will need to think about designing for wine glasses alongside my other ideas regarding occasion and volume.







No comments:

Post a Comment